Globalization is a business strategy for addressing all of the logistical and organizational challenges an enterprise faces as it expands its supporting content, assets and message across cultures and markets to new clients. Globalization incorporates the following to achieve this goal:
- Research on and identification of global markets.
- Market validation and selection.
- Identification and formalization of global business requirements.
- Language translation and cultural integration.
- Identification of technology standards and solutions (format and structure).
- Identification of cross-market affinities (to enable marketing and technology asset reuse).
- Alignment with and support for Internationalization (I18N) and Localization (L10N) processes.
Janette Lynch and Jeff Huset created this page.