Wiki Pages > Career Management > Professional Development > Educational Resources for Technical Communicators
STC Educational ResourcesSTC offers a range of educational and network opportunities. Some are restricted to members; others are open to all.
- Technical Communication Online, the online version of the Society's journal, publishes articles about the practical application of technical communication theory and serves as a common arena for discussion by practitioners. Technical Communication includes both quantitative and qualitative research while showcasing the work of some of the field's most noteworthy writers. Technical Communication is published quarterly and is free with membership.
- STC's annual conference--TechComm Summit--is the largest gathering of technical communicators in the world. The Summit typically offers pre-conference sessions, over 70 conference sessions, a vendor exposition, and plenty of networking opportunities
- Local chapters: STC has more than 120 chapters worldwide including student chapters. Most chapters offer meetings on topics of interest to their members. To find a chapter near you, use STC's Chapter Search feature. Chapters also organize conferences, such as the India conference in Delhi.
- Online communities / SIGs: STC's Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are composed of STC members with common experiences and interests who share their skills and knowledge with each other and with other STC members. Some of these interests are based on the type of work members do. In other cases, the interests pertain to the nature of members' employment situation. To find a SIG that matches your interests, use STC's SIG List.
- Webinars (Web seminars): Participants listen to the presenter over the phone (much like a conference call) while viewing presentation materials via the website. This format provides easier access to materials for reference during the presentation, as well as a more intimate, "classroom" setting than the typical telephone seminar. Registrants are provided a toll-free number, a secure URL, and access to both the audio and online elements of the presentation.
- Other events: join STC and you'll be kept up to date with all our educational opportunities.