One good way to identify educational opportunities is through the STC Academic Programs Database. This database lists over 100 colleges and universities world-wide. Other opportunities include conferences and professional associations that offer certificates of achievement for conference or workshop participation.
Attend a ConferenceThe STC Technical Communication Summit is an annual event featuring education sessions, an industry exposition, keynote presentations, various professional networking events and Society community meetings. See STC's website for information about the Technical Communication Summit.
A Sample of Summit OpportunitiesSTC's 2009 Technical Communication Summit was held in Atlanta, Georgia and included 110 education sessions. The sessions were organized by six tracks. The tracks were as follows:
- Applying Research and Theory to Practice
- Designing and Assessing the User Experience
- Designing and Developing Content
- Developing Your Skills and Promoting Your Profession
- Managing People, Projects, and Business
- Producing, Managing, and Delivering Content
- Career Makeover
- User Experience
- Structured Authoring and Content Management and Collaborative Technologies and Techniques.