Program and Course DevelopmentMany strong degree programs and individual courses are available as models. The STC Academic Database is an excellent place to find program information. If you are considering designing a degree program, certificate program, or even an individual course, consider asking the following questions first:
- Who wants or needs this course, certificate, or degree? Specifically, who is the target market?
- What skills and competencies should the graduate demonstrate?
- What resources are available for designing, delivering, producing, and evaluating an effective program or course?
- What jobs or career paths will this program/course enable students to enter?
- What is the job market like for this program? What is needed for advertising?