- Agar, M. Language Shock: Understanding the Culture of Conversation. New York, NY: William Morrow, 1994.
- Brown, M. Katherine, Brenda Huettner and Char James-Tanney. Managing Virtual Teams: Getting the Most from Wikis, Blogs, and Other Collaborative Tools. Plano, TX: Wordware Publishing, 2007.
- Brownell, J. Listening: Attitudes, Principles and Skills. Needham Heights, MA: Allyn & Bacon, 1996.
- Coupland, N., H. Giles, and J.M. Wiemann. “Miscommunication” and Problematic Talk. Newbury Park, CA: Sage Publications, 1991.
- Craig, J. and W. Bevington. Working with Graphic Designers. New York, NY: Watson-Guptill, 1989.
- DeMarco, Tom and Timothy Lister. Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams. New York, NY: Dorset House Publishing, 1987.
- Gerson, Sharon J., and Steven M.Gerson. Workplace Communication: Process and Product. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson/Prentice Hall, 2007.
- Mortensen, David. Miscommunication. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1997.
- Riley, Patricia. Workplace Communication: Gender and Cultural Differences: Engineering No. 851.910, Reg. No. S9818, February 20-March 1, 2007. Los Angeles, CA: University of California, 2007.
- Sulaiman, A. N., and Patrick Olivier. How Do People Collaborate Using Paper Documents around a Table: An Observational Study. Newcastle upon Tyne: University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2007.
- Tannen, Deborah. That’s Not What I Meant!: How Conversational Style Makes or Breaks Your Relations with Others. New York, NY: Morrow, 1986.
- Zachry, Mark, and Charlotte Thralls. Communicative Practices in Workplaces and the Professions: Cultural Perspectives on the Regulation of Discourse and Organizations. Amityville, NY: Baywood, 2007.
- Coltri, Laurie S. Conflict Diagnosis and Alternative Dispute Resolution. Prentice Hall, 2003.
- Corvette, Barbara A. Budjak. Conflict Management: A Practical Guide to Developing Negotiation Strategies. Prentice Hall, 2006.
- McConnon, Shay and Margaret McConnon. Conflict Management in the Workplace – How to Manage Disagreements and Develop Trust and Understanding, 3rd ed. Axford, UK: How To Books, 2008.
- Moffitt, Michael L. and Robert C. Bordone. The Handbook of Dispute Resolution. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2005.
- Patterson, Kerry et al. Crucial Confrontations. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2005.
- Wertheim, E. et al. Skills for Resolving Conflict. Eruditions Publishing, 1998.
- Granrose, Cherlyn Skromme and Stuart Oskamp (ed.). Cross-Cultural Work Groups. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1997.
- Lindborg, Henry J. The Basics of Cross-Functional Teams. Productivity Press, 1997.
- Parker, Glenn M. Cross-Functional Teams: Working with Allies, Enemies, and Other Strangers. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2003.
- Parker, Glenn M. Cross-Functional Teams Tool Kit. San Francisco, CA: Pfeiffer, 1997.
- Redding, John C. The Radical Team Handbook. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2000.
- Scholtes, Peter R, Brian L. Joiner, and Barbara J. Streibel. The Team Handbook. Madison, WI: Oriel, 1996.
- Donaldson, Michael C. Fearless Negotiating. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2007.
- Donaldson, Michael C. and David Frohnmayer. Negotiating for Dummies, 2nd ed. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Publishing, 2007.
- Fisher, Roger, Bruce M. Patton, and William L. Ury. Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In, 2nd ed. New York, NY: Houghton Mifflin, 1992.
- Stark, Peter B. and Jane Flaherty. The Only Negotiating Guide You’ll Ever Need: 101 Ways to Win Every Time in Any Situation. Broadway Books, 2003.
- Strauss, David and Thomas C. Layton. How to Make Collaboration Work: Powerful Ways to Build Consensus, Solve Problems, and Make Decisions. Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2002.
- Ury, William. Getting Past No: Negotiating Your Way from Confrontation to Cooperation, revised edition. New York, NY: Bantam, 1993.
- Dyer, William G. et al. Team Building: Proven Strategies for Improving Team Performance, 4th ed. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2007.
- Mackin, Deborah. The Team-Building Tool Kit: Tips and Tactics for Effective Workplace Teams, 2nd ed. New York, NY: AMACOM, 2007.