Follow the submission form and the following guidelines before submitting material to the TCBOK. All articles will be reviewed by TCBOK editors.
Style and FormatFollow these guidelines when writing for the TCBOK.
- Write in a clear, informal style, avoiding jargon and acronyms. Guide all decisions on style and usage on your common sense. If needed, refer to: Merriam-Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged for spelling and usage
- The Chicago Manual of Style for punctuation and format
- Submit articles per instructions on the submission form.
- In the source file, use Arial, Verdana, Times New Roman, or any other common font. It is not necessary to use multiple fonts when formatting a submission.
- Make sure to proofread and edit your submission.
- Use the following format and order for your submission:
- Title of the article in boldface at the top of the first page
- Name of the author(s) and STC membership level on the next line
- Body of the text
- Subheads within an article in boldface.
- Sub-subheads in italic.
Page LengthConsider a page to be no more than two printed pages in length. Longer pages may cause the reader to get lost or lose interest. No more than 1000 words.
KeywordsAs you are creating your document, identify keywords that could be used for the Content Tag Cloud.
HeadingsProvide descriptive headings to help readers navigate through the content quickly.
- Use a lead-in sentence to introduce a list.
- Make sure lists are parallel in construction.
- Use ordered and numbered lists appropriately.